Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sick Day:

Sick Day:

Most of today was spent at the doctors office with two of our kids. (Tyler and Karissa)
The office was FULL of sick people.. In every seat, and even in the floor!!! Coughing, sneezing, hacking, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, in every direction. If you weren't seriously sick when getting there, you were bound to be by the time you left! We got there at 11:20 and didn't get out of there until 2:45!

So, I have one with Strep Throat (Karissa) and one with walking Pneumonia, and another viral throat thing that I can't pronounce... Plus the doctor said he really thinks he (Tyler) has strep too, but the swab test missed it, so they did a better swab and are sending it to be tested and will call with the results. Tyler and I had just gotten over strep throat (about 2 weeks ago for Tyler and 3 for me.) And I sure don't want it again!!!

So, we loaded up on Popsicles, Ice Cream, and Soup... And the doctor says No Sugar for either one of them for 3 days, to help them get better quicker! Have you ever heard of such a thing? I said, I have a 5 year old with strep and no Popsicles for her, and he said no!!! In my head I was just howling, because he can't tell me that I can't give her something that would make her throat feel better! He is just one of those old time doctors that have wierd ideas about things...

So, simply put, I am taking care of the sick today, which is really wearing me down since I was up all night last night with Karissa crying with her throat. Hopefully I will get to go to bed very soon.

I will try to upload pics of Tyler and Karissa at the doctors office.. He was being his silly old self even though he feels terrible and she slept the whole visit, on her Daddy's lap. (so sweet)

More, and hopefully happier blogs later....

No comments:

Post a Comment